Roof Cleaning, Repair & Replacement in Kirkland, WA
Alpine Roof Care has been providing roof contractor services to homes and businesses in the Kirkland, WA area since 1992. From roof repairs to replacements, our licensed roof contractors have provided some of the best services and products in the Pacific Northwest.
Roof Cleaning in Kirkland, WA
For many Kirkland homeowners, roof maintenance and cleaning can get pushed down the priority list. Don’t let that happen – your roof is the barrier between you and the outdoors. It must be treated with respect and valued. Why else is it a good idea to get a regular roof cleaning?
- Algae, lichens, and moss have caused wood rot or allowed moisture to seep under the shingles.
- Your homeowner’s policy may get canceled due to insurance companies demanding regular cleanings.
- Enhance the beauty of your home with the restoration of your roof.
- Ensure your roof reflects sunlight making your home more energy efficient.
While a cleaning may seem simple, it’s best left to the professionals as special treatments are needed to ensure more damage can’t be done. Call the roofing professionals at Alpine Roof Care to get a free estimate!
Roof Repair in Kirkland, WA
At best, a roof leak is annoying, at worst it can be a sign of larger structural issues with your Kirkland home’s roof. If caught soon enough, a leak can be a quick, minor repair. What are common leak culprits?
- Cracked Vent – A common issue leading to roof leaks are cracked vents. Surrounding your vents, gaskets can become cracked, create gaps or have missing nails. Plastic vents are particularly prone to cracking after years of exposure to the elements. Easily allowing water into your home.
- Valley Seal – A valley is where two roof planes converge into a low point allowing water to run off. If this area is improperly sealed, heavy rains or ice can quickly cause leaks into your home.
- Damaged Shingles – Damaged shingles can be caused by many variables but most commonly the growth of algae, lichens and/or moss – who thrive off the limestone in the shingles and the moist weather of the Pacific Northwest.
- Missing Shingles – Notice missing shingles on your Kirkland home’s roof?. Typically, this happens after a bout of heavy winds or rain. Shingles damaged by algae, lichen or moss are more vulnerable during inclement weather.
- Cracked Chimney – Leaks can also originate from issues with your chimney. Wear and tear along the mud cap or holes in the mortared joints are typical causes of leaks in this area.
Don’t delay in fixing any roof leaks. Those minor leaks can quickly turn into more major structural damage – leading to more costly repairs.
Roof Replacement in Kirkland, WA
The roof on your Kirkland home is the single most important element keeping you safe from the outdoor elements. While most roofs last up to 20 years, you may be a candidate to replace before that time period if you’re noticing any of the following:
- Cracked, missing, curled or dirty/dark shingles
- Gapes around chimneys, vents, pipes, etc…
- Peeling exterior paint
- Stained interior walls & ceilings
- Sagging roof deck
- Higher energy bills
If you notice any of those issues, please call roofing professionals asap. They will assess the issue and help you to determine next best steps.