Roof Cleaning, Repair & Replacement in Everett, WA
Leaves, rain, critters – they can all wreak havoc on your roof. Do you know if your roof is properly protected to keep your family safe from outside elements? Roof maintenance is important this day and age, especially in the Pacific Northwest, for a variety of reasons. Algae can cause wood rot, which can lead to leaks and critters wreaking havoc. Learn more about how Alpine Roof Care can help with our roof cleaning, repair and replacement services in Everett, WA.
Why Regular Roof Cleanings Are A Necessity For Your Everett Home
With a yearly, professional roof cleaning you help keep your home beautiful while ensuring its longevity. What kind of elements wreaks the most havoc for Pacific Northwest homes?
- Algae – Officially called Gloeocapsa Magma or GM Algae, most people refer to it as mold or fungus. Particularly harmful as it eats away at your shingles – more noticeably in shaded areas. It also thrives off of the limestone in your roof’s shingles.
- Lichens – When you have algae, you’re more prone to lichen growth. A blend of algae and fungus, lichens are more damaging as they wrap their roots around a home’s shingles to feed on shingle filler. They are incredibly difficult to remove.
- Moss – An actual plant with a root system, moss thrives in moist, cold areas. When temperatures drop below freezing, moss can cause additional cracking and damage to shingles.
Keep algae, lichens and moss off your roof not only to maintains its beauty but to also ensure it’s structural integrity. While cleaning may seem simple, it’s best left to the professionals as special treatments are needed to ensure more damage can’t be done.
Roof Repairs For Your Everett Home
Seeing signs of a leaking roof? Not only is it annoying it’s likely a sign of major structural issues with your home’s. Call immediately if you see any signs of the following before repair costs become more expensive:
- Shingles that are cracked, curled and/or missing
- Balding of shingles
- Wear & tear around the chimney, vents, valleys, etc…
- Sagging roof structure
- Moisture on ceiling & walls
- Blistering or peeling paint
Again, don’t hesitate to call as soon as any signs begin to repair. Alpine Roof Care will come out and provide a free estimate to help fix your home.
When Do You Need A Full Roof Replacement
In any home’s life, roofing materials naturally wear down – no matter how well maintained the Evertt home. At Alpine Roof Care, we strive to keep costs to a minimum while providing quality service. How do you do know when the time for a full roof replacement has come?
- Roof Age – Is your roof 20 to 25 years old? If so, you’re a likely candidate although metal and tin roofs last slightly longer. Any older and it’s a shoo-in for a full replacement.
- Loss Of Granules – We can easily replace a damaged shingle or two, but if the entirety of your roof’s shingles are worn down, then a roof replacement may be necessary. Without those granules, the structure of your home can become vulnerable
- Rotting Wood – A sagging or drooping roofline is a sure sign of rotting issues. Before the issue becomes pronounced, as a full replacement is needed.
Don’t panic though. If your roof is younger than 20 years, there may be steps we can take to implement repairs rather than full replacements. Contact us today for a free estimate to determine the best course of action for your Everett home.